Friday, October 24, 2008

• HiP hOp HaNgOvEr FrIdAy(and cards from Thursday)

....are you hungover? If not, it's probably because YOU DIDN'T COME TO HIP-HOP THURSDAY! It was soo much fun. I always have fun with the Unity peeps! So here is my card for HIP HOP HANGOVER FRIDAY! If you want to hang out and chat with Unity peeps go to this thread.

For this card I did a gate-fold card. I used Beate's Tutorial on SCS. It was so much fun to do! I just got my Scor-Pal in the mail, yesterday, so I decided to do something with it! If you don't have one, I think you should get one. They are {heavenly}. So I used Taffy CS for the base and I just forgot what color the green is in the Spring Harmony Colors.......anywho....I used my Cricut to cut the main circle and I stamped the image from Unity's Oct. Kit of the Month....isn't it fab? It's stamped in Archival Black on Papertrey Ink Stamper's Select White and I colored the image in with copics and I added some ric-rac and baubles at the end of the card!

I didn't post yesterday so here are my cards from the Hip-Hop Thursday Challenges:



This challenge was to make a stripey card. I had some Crate Paper DP that is stripey, so I stamped some images from the Giggle Grove set on it. After I cut them out, I realized it didn't look to stripey.....hence the stripey ribbon. :D For this card I used Baby Pink CS and Papertrey Ink Stamper's Select White. As I mentioned before, the images are stamped on Crate Paper DP....I think it is called the Caitlin Collection?









The other challenge was to make a pink card. Once again, mine isn't that pink, but I think you get the effect? :D If you can't tell I am really into square cards right now. I make them 5 1/2 x 5 1/2. This card is pretty basic....I used Black CS and Stamper's Select White and the pink DP is from the same collection of Crate Paper. The image is from Unity's Growing in Unity set. I LOVE this tree! So I think that is it for this card....... I had so much fun at Hip-Hop. If you haven't participated yet, you NEED to! It's every Thursday and starts at 10:00 a.m. Central time and is in the Unity forum.

7 comments:

Ashley Newell said...

These cards are just adorable!

Lindsay Spencer said...

Cute cards! I'm just trying to figure out why this is the first time I've been on your blog. I'm going to add you to my list.

Jena said...

Oh, fun! Love every single one - TFS!

Tiff said...

I love the first one!!! I've been meaning to ink that stamp!!! Thanks for the inspiration :)

Vicki Burns said...

Love the cards~especially the paper pieced leaves. They are stunning!

Heather said...

Gorgeous card Ramsey. I love the bottom one and that tree is something else - so pretty.
Happy Birthday to you.
I posted Trinka's card too soon so I left yours till later - be you don't get it on time, but I hope you have a wonderful day.
hugs Heather xxx

Stamp by the Light of the Moon.com said...

Great cards! Love the colors! Jen
www.stampbythelightofthemoon.com